Scientists have created a product which is effectively an edible drinking bottle. Goodbye plastic bottles, hello mind-blowing scientific development!
‘Ooho‘ is a seaweed-based capsule made from brown algae and 100% biodegradable. The product is currently being tested at athletic events, and will hopefully be available to the general public soon. Ooho facts:
- It is 100% made of Plants & Seaweed
- Biodegradable in 4-6 weeks, just like a piece of fruit
- Edible, can be flavoured and coloured
- Fresh (shelf life of a few days)
- 5x less CO₂, 9x less Energy vs PET
- Cheaper than plastic
Here’s a massive round of applause for the team at Skipping Rocks Lab.
Video courtesy of Mashable.